There has been a lot of confusion among employees about the QuickBooks Workforce platform. People have been asking all sorts of queries regarding the change or URL from paychecks.intuit.com to workforce.intuit.com and other related things. We have also realized that there are some people who do not completely understand what the exact system is. To know more about the change and the migration, read this article : View my Paycheck has moved?
To understand the exact concept behind QuickBooks workforce, and to know who exactly it is for, read this article. In this article, we will be talking about different parts of QuickBooks Workforce, and how it is to be used by both employers and employees.
What is Quickbooks? Who is it for?
When you own a business, It is important for you to keep an eye on the health of your business. The most important information for any business is to see how much you are actually making and spending and quickbooks is just the product for you. You can have the summary of the entire financial whereabouts on the dashboard with the go of a single click.
Quickbooks Workforce is an online accounting software developed and marketed by Intuit. It’s products are mainly generated for the smooth functioning businesses that are ranging from small to medium in terms of size. Quickbooks Workforce offers on-premises accounting applications as well as cloud-based versions that accept business payments, manages bills, accounting and financing of the employees keeps tabs of the taxes and manages payrolls along with several other extremely efficient business management tools.
Quickbooks application or the web version is basically for the use of the employer. The application aims at methodical management of the administrative affairs which can often turn out to be messy and drudgery when done manually. Quickbooks Workforce offers an interactive interface and the Signing-Up process is also not cumbersome.
Features of Quickbooks Workforce
Quickbooks application offers its users a wide range of functions.These functions tend to not only enhance the work experience of the employer, but also make the management of the paychecks by the employees a cake walk through Viewmypaycheck. Viewmypaycheck intuit is a Quickbooks affiliated intuit application for the employees.
- Quickbooks allowes you to track project profitability.
- You can easily manage your bills.
- You can track income and expenses with one swipe.
- It allows you to manage Invoicing and payments.
- You can easily manage your contractors.
- It gives you a graphical report of you financial influx and efflux.
- Allows you to create customized reports to get important insights specific to your business.
- Helps you track sales and the sales tax.
- Automatically sort business expenses into the right tax categories to keep more of what you earn.
- You can also have multiple access. It allows you to invite your accountant to access your books for seamless collaboration.
- You can also have customized, data driven financial insights to help you make informed business decisions.
Above is the list of the major features that you can get access to by having yourself registered with Quickbooks Workforce.
How to Sign-Up with Quickbooks Workforce
- Visit the intuit Quickbooks official website via quickbooks.intuit.com
- It is always better to try the services first before you pay for them, so click on the ‘Free Trial’ option at the top right corner of the web-page.
- Click on ‘Plans and Pricing’ Option.
- Slide the ‘Free Trial for 30 days button’ affirmative.
- The screen will display several plans. choose any one as per your requirement.
- Click on ‘Continue with free trial’ to the pop-up that appears.
- Fill in your user/e-mail Id, name and phone number.
- Create a strong password and click on the green ‘Start Free Trial’ button. (The user ID and password you fill-in here are the ones you use each time you log in to Quickbooks.)
Now that you have been Signed-Up, A pop-up might appear prompting you to either continue the free trial or Buy the package on a discounted price. Choose either.
After you have completed your Sign-Up process for a Quickbooks account, You will automatically be directed to your portal and Intuit will guide you through the process of setting up your Quickbooks Company.
Following is the list of credentials that will be required for the Setting-Up process
Your company’s name and address.
The industry in which your company operates.
Your company’s legal organization (such as S-Corp or Limited Liability Partnership).
Whether you want to import company information from a QuickBooks desktop product.
- The types of payments you accept from your customers (cash, checks or credit cards).
Frequently asked Questions (FAQs)
- How can I subscribe to Quickbooks after having tried the software?
As soon as your trial month expires, you will be prompted to the payment page. Here you can choose the package that you would like to get the subscription of. Follow the payment options and you are good to go. You can also get your subscription anytime in between your trial.
- Are there any specific payment platforms?
You can make your payment via any major credit/debit card like VISA, MASTER CARD, AMEX etc.
- Can subscriptions be paid annually?
The subscriptions need to be paid on a monthly basis. You can discontinue your services any month without worrying of the refunds.
- Can multiple users have access to my Quickbooks Business account?
Depending upon your subscription plan, You can have a maximum of 5 users accessing your accounting and files simultaneously. You can invite your accountant, financial manager etc to have access to your QuickBooks company files.
- Does intuit offer any discount for buying more than one company accounts?
As of now, intuit Quickbooks offers NO such discount on bulk/multiple account subscriptions.
- Does intuit offer technical assistance for setting up the account later?
Intuit Quickbooks does not provide direct on-site support. However, a team of knowledgeable staff is always here to help. Quickbooks has a range of support options included in the packages. The list goes like- In-software help, Extensive Knowledge-base, community forum where you can connect with other QuickBooks Online users, Email and one of our support specialists will get back you within one business, LiveChat with our team of support specialist etc.